so you understand

Go down

so you understand

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am

it took me a while but I now understand what is expected here:

(What not to do but may be used to)
Example 1:
Bob uses obscusifate 2
and will use a kiss attack on the victim, lick the wound, and flee into the night.
(
to do)
Example:
Bob peered down the alleyway at the distracted woman, willing himself unseen he stalked behind her, his fangs extended and he pierced her throat drinking in the salty rich brew that was the only thing to satisfy his thirst. leaving her dazed he fled into the night
ooc obscusifate 2 and drink 3 bp lick wound

tada!

Back to top Go down

Re: so you understand

Post  Leila on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 am

Very good Jimmy!

*APPLAUSE*

What you have there is called ROLEPLAY. ^_^
Leila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:50 am

That's exactly it! Good work Jim!
Malakiel
Admin

View user profile http://newyorkbynight.foromotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 am

thanks. :-)

There is a bit of roll play in some games out there;
had to acclimate to the role play more so.
:-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Good evening all.

I stand a little bit confused at the above depiction. I understand what you are implying with the level of detail; however, is it safe to make the assumption that your Obfuscate works and that there is no adverse reaction to the bite?

If I activate Obfuscate and walk up to a victim and she turns around, I may alter my current course of action and perhaps not purse the bite. Would it be your desire that we write out a depiction as if everything transpired as we imagined or rather do a shorter statement up until the point of 'change?'

As a new player, I just want to sure I understand what is required. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leila on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Not quite Damien. This was merely a celebratory post for the initial poster as he had a break through realizing the difference between rollplaying and roleplaying. See some of the forums out there use the dice as the ultimate dictator, this detracts from players immersion in the scene and sometimes limits creative expression. Feeding in a rollplay setting usually is: "I walk up to the nearest bum and sink my teeth into her", however roleplaying involves detailed descriptions time and finesse, much different from the sterile counterpart. (Not that you needed explanations of roleplaying XD)

So you are expected to only assume your characters actions. Not those of the npc nor the outcomes of any scenarios, that is all up to our amazing ST. If this scene were to be played out in game he would have needed to stop at the point where his fangs breeched her skin. The st would depict the victim and their action or reaction, or describe what your character feels etc. Then in the players next post he could flee or whatever is called for (unless you have st's approval to shorten the scene I'd imagine.).

It is up to you whether or not you give a long explanation about how you approach such a subject although I can tell you know high detail is preferred.
Leila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakiel on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:28 am

If there were a rule that would allow me to give XP by Off-Topic accurate comments this would be the day I shall award thy!
Malakiel
Admin

View user profile http://newyorkbynight.foromotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down